Today we're putting together a super-simple smoked lamb rub, right in the kitchen. This tasty rub creates a flavorful and well-balanced blend that enhances the taste of your lamb, and comes together in just minutes.
This smoked lamb rub is incredibly versatile so you can modify it to your own liking.
If you like things a little spicier, I definitely recommend adding a pinch of cayenne or jalapeño pepper to the mix!
How To Make Homemade Smoked Lamb Rub
With just eight dry ingredients, this lamb rub recipe comes together quick.
- Paprika. For a smoky and slightly sweet flavor
- Garlic powder. We love garlic in all of our rubs!
- Dried thyme. For an earthy and slightly bitter flavor.
- Brown sugar. To balance the savory flavors with a touch of sweetness.
- Mustard powder. For a little tang!
- Cumin. For a nice warm, earthy, and slightly bitter flavor.
- Salt & pepper. You can't have a BBQ rub without some salt and pepper!
1. Combine all eight ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well mixed together.
2. Apply liberally all over your favorite cut of lamb!
- If you want a bit of heat, add some jalapeño powder to the mix. Here's the one I use—16 oz. can last a long time!
- Store rub in a plastic BBQ shaker for up to a month.
What To Serve With Sweet & Spicy Rub
- This homemade rub goes perfectly with our smoked lamb chops recipe!
- Plastic spice jars. I store all of my homemade rubs in these jars.
The Best Smoked Lamb Rub
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Combine all eight ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well mixed together.
- Apply liberally all over your favorite lamb meat!