Today I'm sharing how to make the best smoked chicken rub, right at home. Why spend $12 on pre-made rub, when you can make your own, at a fraction of the cost, and with fresh ingredients? This recipe is super-easy and is best served with all kinds of chicken, from smoked wings to smoked chicken thighs.
Smoked Chicken Rub Ingredients
- 2 tbsp sugar. I'm a big fan of sweet chicken rubs, and the sugar adds a nice touch of sweetness.
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika. Made from ground sweet peppers, the paprika gives this rub a sweet, mild and slightly fruity flavor.
- 2 tbsp garlic powder. This adds a nice, strong garlic flavor to the chicken.
- 1 tbsp celery powder. For a subtle earthy and salty taste.
- 1 tbsp salt. Every rub needs salt.
Smoked Chicken Rub Recipe Instructions
1. Combine seasonings. Combine all five ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well mixed together.
2. Rub on the chicken. Apply liberally all over your chicken.
- If you like your chicken a little spicier, don't be afraid to add a little cayenne pepper, or dehydrated jalapeño powder.
- If you want it even sweeter, add a touch or brown sugar, or dehydrated honey.
Other Rubs To Try
Amazing Smoked Chicken Rub
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp celery powder
- Combine all five ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well mixed together
- Apply liberally all over your chicken wings!