Let's make the best, most flavorful lemon and herb seasoning for chicken, with just nine ingredients!
This tasty rub pairs perfectly with our smoked whole chicken, and can be whipped up in just a few minutes!
We're always experimenting with our rubs, so feel free to make any changes that fit your personal flavor profile.
We love this rub on a whole chicken, served with a light salad with olive oil and lemon dressing. YUM.
How To Make The Best Lemon and Herb Seasoning for Chicken
With just nine ingredients, this recipe comes together in a snap.
- Dried thyme. For a fragrant, earthy flavor.
- Dried parsley. A milder herb, adding a subtle grassy and fresh undertone to the chicken.
- Dried oregano. Robust and warm flavors.
- Lemon pepper seasoning. A zesty blend for a tangy citrus and peppery note.
- Garlic powder. Every rub needs a little garlic powder!
- Onion powder. Sweet and slightly sharp, it infuses the chicken with rich, onion-y flavor.
- Smoked paprika. For a hint of warmth and rich color.
- Salt & pepper. Every smoker recipe needs some salt and pepper!
1. Combine all nine ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well mixed together.
2. Apply liberally all over your favorite chicken!
- If you want a bit of heat, add some jalapeño powder to the mix. Here's the one I use—16 oz. can last a long time!
- Store rub in a plastic BBQ shaker for up to a month.
What To Serve With Lemon and Herb Seasoning
- This homemade rub goes perfectly with our smoked whole chicken recipe!
- Plastic spice jars. I store all of my homemade rubs in these jars.
The Best Lemon and Herb Seasoning For Chicken
- 1/3 cup dried thyme
- 1/3 cup dried parsley
- 1/3 cup dried oregano
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Combine all nine ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well mixed together.
- Apply liberally all over your favorite chicken!