These smoked jalapeno poppers are one of my go-to smoker recipes! They're filled with a smoky, creamy filling, wrapped in crispy bacon, and packed with a perfect punch of heat. They're easy to put together, and taste oh-so-good!
Helpful Recipe Information
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Smoking time: 60-75 minutes
- Smoker temperature: 275F
How To Make Smoked Jalapeno Poppers
To make these smoked jalapeño poppers, start by cutting the jalapeños lengthwise and removing the seeds and membranes to control the heat level.
In a small bowl, combine softened cream cheese with barbecue seasoning for a tangy, savory filling.
Fill the hollowed out jalapeños with the cream cheese mixture. Wrap each filled pepper with a strip of bacon to add flavor and hold the filling in place.
Smoke the wrapped jalapeño poppers at 275°F for 60-75 minutes, until the bacon is crispy. The bacon provides a nice crunch and smoky flavor to complement the spicy poppers.
- Jalapeno peppers (8 peppers). These should be fresh and firm.
- Cream cheese (8oz). Make sure to let it soften.
- Bacon (16 strips). This helps to add a savory, crispy texture.
- BBQ Seasoning (1-2 tbsp). Use your favorite seasoning. For these smoked jalapeno poppers, I used my homemade smoked chicken rub.
1. Prepare the jalapenos by cutting them lengthwise and removing the seeds and inside. Meanwhile, Preheat your smoker to 275F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and BBQ seasoning.
3. Fill the jalapenos with the cream cheese filling.
4. Wrap each jalapeno with a piece of bacon.
5. Smoke the jalapeno poppers for 60-75 minutes, or until the bacon is nice and crispy.
6. Serve with ranch dipping sauce, and ENJOY!
What Are Smoked Jalapeno Poppers?
I can't get enough of these smoked jalapeño poppers! They've become my go-to appetizer for backyard barbecues and parties. The combo of flavors is just killer—creamy cheese, crispy smoky bacon, and the slow-burning heat of the jalapeño.
Stuffing the peppers with a mix of cheese, spices, and cream cheese tones down the heat. And wrapping them in bacon adds awesome crunch and smoky flavor when they come off the smoker.
Taking the time to smoke these poppers is so worth it. It mellows out the jalapeño kick and infuses everything with a deep, rich smokiness. Once you try them, you'll be hooked.
The smoky-spicy-cheesy combo is crazy addicting. And even better—these little poppers look fancy but are super easy to throw together. My go-to for sure when I want to impress guests or just indulge in a smoky treat.
Smoked Jalapeno Poppers Tips For Success
- Control the heat. Cut each jalapeño lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and membranes inside. This removes most of the heat so you can control the spice level.
- Soften the cream cheese. Let that cream cheese soften up to room temp before mixing in the seasoning. It'll blend together so much easier for the filling that way.
- Secure the bacon. If that bacon wrapper starts falling off, just secure it with a toothpick. Gotta keep that bacon in place for maximum crunch!
- Check for doneness. Toss the poppers on the smoker at around 275°F for 60-75 minutes. You'll know they're good when the bacon gets nice and crispy.
Keep an eye on them and pull the poppers once the filling is heated through and the bacon is cooked but not burnt. Then enjoy that insane combo of spicy, savory, smoky, and creamy flavors! Super addicting, I'm telling you.
Smoked Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 16 strips bacon
- 1-2 tbsp BBQ rub
- Prepare the jalapenos by cutting them lengthwise and removing the seeds and inside. Meanwhile, Preheat your smoker to 275F.
- In a small bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and BBQ seasoning.
- Fill the jalapenos with the cream cheese filling.
- Wrap each jalapeno with a piece of bacon.
- Smoke the jalapeno poppers for 60-75 minutes, or until the bacon is nice and crispy.
- Serve with ranch dipping sauce, and ENJOY!