Ever since I became obsessed with smash burgers, I make this smash burger sauce recipe EVERY time—they go hand-in-hand!
You'll never make your burgers the same way again after trying this delicious smash burger sauce.
I've perfected this recipe and we're only using the absolutely bare minimum necessary ingredients!
Trust me, this burger sauce tastes WAY better than anything store-bought sauce that's filled with junk!
How To Make Smash Burger Sauce
This recipe is super fresh, and it yields about 6 ounces of burger sauce.
- Mayonnaise (2/3 cup). For a creamy and tangy base.
- Ketchup (1.5 tbsp). For a sweet and tomato-based flavor.
- Pickle juice (1.5 tbsp). A nice subtle pickled flavor.
- Paprika (1 tsp). For a smoky, slightly sweet flavor.
- Garlic powder (1/2 tsp). Every burger sauce needs a hint of garlic!
- Onion powder (1/2 tsp). For a hint of zesty, sharp onion flavor.
- Mustard (2 tsp). For a little color and tang. Either yellow. mustard or dijon works..
- Salt. To taste.
1. Add all ingredients into a bowl, and mix until well-combined.
2. Serve on your smash burger or smoked burger and ENJOY!
- To Store. Store in an airtight container or mason jar for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
- To Freeze. Unfortunately, I don't recommend freezing this burger sauce as it's not meant to be thawed out. Be sure to serve fresh and refrigerate!
What To Serve With Smash Burger Sauce
- This burger sauce is made to be paired with our homemade smash burgers!
- Immersion Blender. I use and recommend this immersion blender from Vitamix. It's a workhorse that's also super easy to clean.
- Silicone Measuring Cup. I use this Oxo high-sided container for all my immersion blender needs.
- Mason Jars. Store your leftovers in one of these jars, either a 12-ounce jar or a 1-pint jar.
- Small Glass Bowls. If you're like me and like to lay out all of your ingredients in front of you, these small glass bowls are great for staying organized when you're grilling.
Best Smash Burger Sauce
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1.5 tbsp ketchup
- 1.5 tbsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp mustard yellow or dijon
- 1 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients into a bowl, and mix until well-combined.
- Serve with your smash burger, and enjoy!