This homemade BBQ sauce goes PERFECT with your favorite ribs! We use it all the time with our 3-2-1 ribs recipe, and they are a match made for each other. It offers a delicious combination of sweet, tangy, and smoky to add to your smoked ribs.
This homemade BBQ sauce comes together in just 15 minutes and tastes WAY better than anything that comes bottled from the store.
Did you know the #1 ingredient in Sweet Baby Ray's sauce is high fructose corn syrup?
How To Make Homemade BBQ Sauce For Ribs
This recipe is dead-simple and contains just six ingredients.
Yummy and easy?
Sign me up!
- Ketchup. The tangy and slightly-sweet base.
- Brown sugar. A layer of sweetness to balance out the tanginess of the sauce.
- Apple cider vinegar. For a bright, tangy acidity.
- Honey. Enhances the sweetness of the sauce, while adding a smooth and velvety texture.
- Worcestershire sauce. For a nice savory, umami taste.
- Smoked paprika. Adds a nice smoky, earthy flavor to the sauce.
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and smoked paprika.
2. Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
3. Allow the sauce to cool, then serve with your favorite baby back or spare ribs and enjoy!
- To Store. Store in an airtight container or mason jar for up to 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- To Freeze. You can freeze this sauce for up to six months. When you're ready to use it, just thaw it overnight in your fridge.
What To Serve With Homemade BBQ Sauce
- This homemade BBQ sauce was designed specifically to be pair with ribs, like our 3-2-1 ribs!
The Best Lip-Smacking BBQ Sauce For Ribs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and smoked paprika.
- Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
- Allow the sauce to cool, then serve with your favorite ribs and enjoy!