This homemade horseradish cream sauce goes PERFECT with your favorite steak! We use it all the time with our smoked New York Strip steaks, and it's a match made in heaven! Perfect for adding a bold and creamy flavor to your steaks, it's a sauce you won't be able to resist!
This homemade horseradish cream sauce comes together in minutes and tastes WAY better than anything you can buy in the store!
- You can adjust the amount of horseradish depending on how spicy you like things!
- The added honey is optional, but we love the extra bit of sweetness!
How To Make Homemade Horseradish Cream Sauce
This recipe is super simple and oh-so fresh, and it makes about 16 ounces of horseradish cream sauce.
- Mayonnaise. Be sure to use a good, high-quality mayo.
- Sour cream. For a nice, tangy flavor.
- Prepared horseradish. The star of the show. For a nice bit of spice.
- Dijon mustard. For added tang and a little spice.
- White vinegar. For a bright, acidic note.
- Honey. A little sweetness to help balance out all these bold flavors.
- Fresh chives. Beautiful color and a nice touch of freshness.
- Salt & pepper. To taste.
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until they're all mixed in together well.
2. Serve with your favorite steak and enjoy!
- To Store. Store in an airtight container or mason jar for up to one week in the refrigerator. Shake or mix gently before serving.
- To Freeze. Unfortunately, I don't recommend freezing this dressing as it's not meant to be thawed out. Be sure to serve fresh and refrigerate!
What To Serve With Horseradish Cream Sauce
- This horseradish cream sauce goes perfectly with our smoked New York Strip steak recipe!
- Silicone Measuring Cup. I use this Oxo high-sided container for all my immersion blender needs.
- Mason Jars. Store your leftovers in one of these jars, either a 12-ounce jar or a 1-pint jar.
- Small Glass Bowls. If you're like me and like to lay out all of your ingredients in front of you, these small glass bowls are great for staying organized when you're grilling.
The Best Homemade Horseradish Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh chives finely minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until they're all mixed in together well.
- Serve with your favorite steak and enjoy!